Creativity and design thinking
The School of Human-Centered Design, Innovation and Art is an open space where you will be able to create, develop, evaluate, and disseminate your things guided by professional scientists, technologists, engineers, artists and mathematicians, all of us are designers of the 21st century!
The School of Human-Centered Design, Innovation and Art (HCDIA) offers graduate degree programs, both Ph.D. and Masters, in human-centered design. Professional and online programs are also available through the school. It also provides a design platform for undergraduate students enrolled for their internships. The school is nationally and internationally connected with the best universities in the domain. It educates and trains students to be leaders, creators and humanists (i.e., students will be able to take into account human and organizational factors in design and development of products). The Human-Centered Design Institute (HCDi) supports research, design and innovation within the school.
You are looking for a Graduate Program at Florida Institute of Technology
- you are interested in technology, organization and people
- you want to learn and practice about design of life-critical systems
- then, come visit us and we will find a space for you at the HCDIA School.
HCDIA conducts several interdisciplinary projects with industry and governmental agencies.
HCDIA supports the Ph.D. program in Human-Centered Design (HCD).
HCDIA supports the Master's program in Human-Centered Design (HCD).
HCDIA faculty members give courses on cognitive engineering (human factors and ergnomics in design and engineering), advanced interaction media (advanced human-computer interaction), tangible interactive systems (learning about virtual engineering and tangibility of products), complexity analysis (learning about and getting more familiar with complex systems), life-critical systems (learning about safety, efficiency and comfort), organization design and management (learning about teams, organizations and communities of practice), modeling and simulation (learning about models and human-in-the-loop simulation), design thinking and creativity (learning about empathy, cooperative work and product delivery), functional analysis (learning about the structure-function duality), usability engineering (learning about formative and summative evaluations) and industrial design (learning about systems architectures).
HCDIA works with all colleges and departments of the Florida Institute of Technology.
HCDIA deliberately contributes to STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
HCDIA focuses in innovation and creativity.
HCDIA develops new types of public relations, which in turn improve technology, organization and people lives.
You already are a Graduate Student at Florida Institute of Technology
You are interested in HCD and want to know more, and potentially become an HCD Graduate Student at Florida Institute of Technology, come to see us!
- If your motivation is engineering, say aerospace engineering, then apply in the MAE department and come to HCDIA to augment your curriculum and practice in design, you will learn how to design a cockpit for example.
- If you are interested in computer science, then apply in the CSE department and come to HCDIA to augment your curriculum and practice in design, you will learn how to design a control room or a robotic system for example.
- If you are interested in operations research, then apply in the ORP department and come to HCDIA to augment your curriculum and practice in design, you will learn how to optimize a complex human-machine system for example.
- If your motivation is purely design, and you want to investigate technology, organizations and people, then you apply to the Ph.D. program in HCD or the Master's program in HCD directly.
Please tell us your motivation, we will help you find your way to develop a human-centered design experience, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.